Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] lstopo-nox strikes back
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-25 09:39:51

What about going The OMPI Way? :-)

That is, having support for these things via dynamically loaded plugins. Since the plugins are loaded at runtime, the presence or absence of a plugin in the filesystem determines whether that output format is supported or not.

Hence, a hwloc-core package (RPM or deb or whatever) can contain the basic lstopo plugins, and a supplemental hwloc-x11 package (or whatever name they want) can contain the X11 based plugin. Ditto for Cairo.