Subject: [hwloc-devel] BGQ empty topology with MPI
From: Daniel Ibanez (dan.a.ibanez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 22:37:01

Hello,

I am trying out hwloc on a very early access Blue Gene /Q system.
I've built hwloc from source and am running test programs that use it.
The most serious issue I'm observing is that when MPI and hwloc
are used in the same program, hwloc aborts with "Topology became empty,
aborting!".
This does not happen when only hwloc calls are made in the program:
then the topology can see all 64 PUs.

Please let me know if theres a hint of what could be causing it,
where to post, and what info to provide.

Thanks,

--
Dan Ibanez