Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] PCI device name question
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 17:30:17

Le 20/03/2012 22:12, Jeffrey Squyres a écrit :
> On Mar 20, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
>> New patch attached, it doesn't add port numbers for non-IB devices.
>
> Does the new patch add port numbers at all if <foo>/device/infiniband doesn't exist?

No. For each ethX, the hwloc "ethX" object will only get a Port number
if the corresponding sysfs device has some infiniband "child".
Otherwise, no Port attribute is added.

> I.e., is the dev_id/port number irrelevant if it's not an OpenFabrics device?

dev_id seems to be very rarely used outside of IB. It will be 0x0 is the
vast majority of cases. With the first patch, we would get Port=1 is
most cases. And Port=1, 2, ... for other cases where dev_id is actually
used for "shared NICs". It's not too bad.

Brice