Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] PCI device name question
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 11:52:16

On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

>> I looked at that. It's not immediately clear to me how to map that to "ib0" and "ib1", for example.
>
> Also I see that /sys/class/infiniband/mlx4_0/node_guid contains
> 0002:c903:000b:5348, that's ib0's end-of-address minus one, and ib1's
> end-of-address minus two.

Yep -- that's a carryover from IB. I don't remember offhand whether that GUID pattern is guaranteed by the device/port abstraction, or whether Mellanox equipment just happens to always do that.

But I still don't know how to map that to ib0/ib1.

> But I have no idea what GID, LID and GUID really are so I don't know if
> there's anything to do with this. We should ask some IB kernel/hardware
> guys in case there is some guarantee about mac address and/or GID/LID
> ordering.

I'll ask my Mellanox OMPI brethren if there's some kind of deliberate mapping.