Subject: [hwloc-devel] ship valgrind suppressions?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-23 13:28:10

Hello,

"make check" doesn't report any single memory leak under valgrind
anymore in trunk... except those from external libs such as libpci and
libxml. I created the attached suppressions file to hide them when
valgrind'ing hwloc programs. Just pass --suppressions=hwloc.supp to
valgrind.

For the record, the reason we need this is:
* libpci and libxml use libz, which initializes global state without
ever freeing it.
* libxml only frees it global state in xmlCleanupParser(), but we
stopped calling it in hwloc because the program may still be using
libxml when hwloc stops using it.

Should we ship this suppressions file in the tarball? At least having it
somewhere online may be a good idea?

Brice