Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.2rc1 has escaped
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 17:07:29

On Feb 9, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> What you have for the "Make sure..." is wrong in the same way as the one that was in rc1.
> The problem is that the AC_COMPILE_IFELSE code tests too-few and too-many args together.
> Since xlc makes too many an error by default, we don't notice its MISbehavior when given too few.
> So, one needs to split the too-many and too-few tests as I did in the patch I sent.

Ah. I didn't change that section at all -- I just added the CFLAGS-amend-and-restore behavior.

Hmm. Somehow I totally missed the patch you sent; I see it now (sent last night at 8:53pm US Eastern).

I'm not sure your patch was entirely right -- did you mean for it to ok if we fail the pass-too-many-args test? hwloc_args_check_ok is really only checked as the result of the pass-too-few-args test.

I slightly reworked your patch to check to ensure that *both* of them pass -- how's this?

For corporate legal information go to: