Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.2rc1 has escaped
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 20:53:55

On 2/8/2012 4:47 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> On 2/8/2012 4:41 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>>
>> I do agree w/ Samuel that the BEST solution is to apply "-qhalt=e"
>> ONLY to the test(s) where one expects the compiler to through errors
>> (rather than warnings) for function calls with argument counts which
>> don't match the prototypes. At the moment, I am 90% certain that the
>> "old sched_setaffinity()" probe is the only one fitting that
>> description.
>
> I am hoping to be able contribute patch for this soon.
> -Paul

Patch is attached and is general enough to drop in additional compilers
and/or apply the flags to additional configure tests.
It is also designed to NOT make badly behaving compilers fatal unless
sched_setaffinity() is found.

I believe that this patch either includes or replaces all previously
discussed changes for this particular issue.
NOTE however that this patch is INEFFECTIVE until the setting of
$hwloc_c_vendor is fixed (see
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/hwloc-devel/2012/02/2827.php )

-Paul

Future Technologies Group