Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.2rc1 has escaped
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 18:02:22

On 2/8/2012 1:44 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> Ah, we need to use $hwloc_c_vendor instead. That's where's
> $hwloc_check_compiler_vendor_result ends up before being cleared.

It looks like something is very wrong here:
Examining the 1.3.2rc1 tarball I seem to see $hwloc_c_vendor is read but
NOT written!
> $ grep hwloc_c_vendor configure
> case "$hwloc_c_vendor" in
> case "$hwloc_c_vendor" in
> case "$hwloc_c_vendor" in
> case "$hwloc_c_vendor" in
> case "$hwloc_c_vendor" in

If this is really the case, then I can imagine visibility and other
things going quite wrong with various compilers.

The file config/hwloc_check_vendor.m4 that is present in trunk, is
ABSENT in the 1.3.2rc1 tarball.
There is, correspondingly, no call to _HWLOC_C_COMPILER_VENDOR in hwloc.m4.
Am I correct here, or have I missed something?

-Paul

Future Technologies Group