Subject: [hwloc-devel] Open MPI + hwloc: move to 1.3.1?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-16 10:03:18

There have been a bunch of updates that have (rightfully) not been back-ported to the 1.2-ompi branch.

Is 1.3.x stable/mature enough for me to move into OMPI?

I have two targets:

* Open MPI v1.5 series: we're just about to release the final Open MPI 1.5.x and transition it to the v1.6 series (i.e., bug fixes only after it is renumbered to 1.6). Is hwloc 1.3.x a good candidate here? As Paul noted, without some of the recent fixes, OMPI 1.5.5 won't run on older Linuxes (e.g., Fedora 8).

* Open MPI trunk (which will eventually become the v1.7 series): it's ok to be a bit more forward-looking here. I'm actually pretty convinced that this one should be upgraded to hwloc 1.3.1 (or whatever the latest set of fixes is) in the near future.

Thoughts?

For corporate legal information go to: