Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.1 and 1.4rc1
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-14 04:15:25

Brice Goglin, le Tue 13 Dec 2011 18:58:14 +0100, a écrit :
> >> * About the "tight" attribute, can't you just make a special case when
> >> you're inside a GPU?
> > I don't like such kind of special-casing: in the future we could very
> > well also have a full-fledged core alongside an MP on the GPU.
>
> Wait, I just saw in the code that it's only a *group* attribute!

BTW, that reminds me that there is a problem here with this actually:
exporting to XML works fine, but when importing back again, the group
object gets ignored, because the shared memory object just above it
(with exactly same scope) makes the core ignore the group object because
the latter does not bring any topology structure...

Samuel