Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.1 and 1.4rc1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-13 10:55:38

On Dec 13, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> We can get the locality for those by reading
> /sys/class/net/<name>/device/local_cpus with name=eth0 and so on. That's
> very similar to what we do for OFED. I can add a helper for these
> devices as well if needed.

That would be great. It would cover many, many people in the world (i.e., outside of those with specialty/nice network types -- ok, couldn't resist that one ;-) ).

> How do you identify these devices in your application ? by interface name ?

Yes, mostly by interface name.

How about a generic lookup? I.e., take the device name pattern (or specific string) to look for as input?

For corporate legal information go to: