Subject: [hwloc-devel] 1.3.1 and 1.4rc1
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-09 03:18:25

I want to release 1.3.1 for christmas, so I'll do a 1.3.1rc1 on monday.
There are no critical fixes in there, but several changes that are
useful, so it's better to finally flush all these (some have been
waiting almost since the 1.3.1 two months ago).

Additionally, some people want a multinode support release soon too and
I kind of promised it would arrive by the end of the year. So I'll start
polishing the v1.4 branch and do a first 1.4rc next week or so, so that
people can start playing with it.

There are currently 3 tickets against v1.4:
#50 is about adding instruction caches
#41 wants conversion function between "L2cache"-like string and
(type,depth) and actual depth within the tree
#43 wants throughput matrices on the side of the existing latency matrices
None of this is ready, and there are still open questions in #50 and #43
so I intend to defer all these to v1.5 so that multinode support doesn't
wait too long.

Brice