Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r4006
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-30 16:36:40

On Nov 30, 2011, at 6:42 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>> I see how libnuma is Linux-specific; but is the level of memory binding uniform across all other OS's? I.e., do we need to print the same kind of granularity of memory support for other OS's?
>
> It'd be tedious. The difference, however, is that other OS's usually
> include everything they can for that, and to get the support you'd have
> to upgrade the OS, not just install e.g. libnuma. Linux is a bit
> particular in that regard in that libnuma is not installed by default.

Hmm.

This is significantly less appealing to me, now. Given that this is Linux-specific, and the information is already displayed above, I'm seeing less value in this (probably related to the fact that this will be more maintenance hassle / less uniform experience for the user).

Keep or delete?

For corporate legal information go to: