Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc 0.9.2 autogen issue
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-28 17:07:15

I think the real question is: why do we have both config/ and m4/ ?

There's only a single .m4 file in m4/, but several in config/. I vote that m4/decl.m4 should move to config/decl.m4, and then this issue goes away.

Specifically: I think the reason we don't specify both directories in Makefile.am is because whatever is specified in ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS must be the same directory that is specified in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, and it looks like AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR can only take 1 directory as an argument.

Any objections to removing the decl/ directory?

On Nov 28, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Pavan Balaji wrote:

> Hi Brice,
>
> On 11/28/2011 10:24 PM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>> This was indeed changed a long time ago when Jeff brought the embedding
>> support. I have nothing against bumping prereq to 2.64. But I'd rather
>> have Jeff look at the missing "-I m4".
>
> Ok. I upgraded to newer versions of autoconf on most of my machines, and have not noticed it till now. In fact, I just upgraded the last of my machines as well, so I'll likely not notice it even if it remains broken :-). So I guess this bug report is just an FYI.
>
> Btw, the patch is pretty straightforward and should apply cleanly even with the current version. It's just an additional -I path that's missing in Makefile.am.
>
> -- Pavan
>
> --
> Pavan Balaji
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji