Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc 0.9.2 autogen issue
From: Pavan Balaji (balaji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-27 22:19:28

[reviving an ancient email thread]

I was poking around with hwloc-1.3 on an old machine I had, and I ran
into the below problem again. I remembered sending an email about it, so
I dug in my archives to find this email; again the problem was
autoconf-2.63. The Makefile.am patch that Jeff provided below seems to
have been reverted in the current version of hwloc.

You should consider either updating hwloc's autoconf prereq to 2.64 or
fixing this. Btw, updating the prereq won't really help in this case
(the error happens at autogen.sh time), but the prereq should still be
accurate, IMO.

  -- Pavan

On 11/06/2009 04:22 AM, Pavan Balaji wrote:

> Thanks. That worked.
>
> -- Pavan
>
> On 11/05/2009 01:56 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>> Ok, I see the issue. Apply the attached patch and see if that works for
>> you.
>>
>> I'd prefer not to do another release today, if possible. ;-)
>>

>> On Nov 5, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
>>
>>> (re-subjected to be accurate)
>>>
>>> I notice that my autogen.sh outputs:
>>>
>>> autoreconf: running: aclocal -I m4 --force -I config
>>>
>>> but yours outputs:
>>>
>>> autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I config
>>>

>>> where's the "-I m4"?
>>>
>>> ....ah, I see you're running AC 2.63. I'm running AC 2.64. I just
>>> tried with AC 2.63 and I see the same problem. Lemme see if I can get
>>> a workaround.

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji