Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r3845
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-23 15:40:01

Le 23/09/2011 21:33, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> Sorry, I was OTP when I sent that, and not fully focused.
>
> My concern is that this file must be generated via an AC_CONFIG_FILE somewhere, right? And therefore it must be included in the tarball, etc.

Yes, and it's included in the tarball (see r3841).

> I guess I'm just a little surprised that it's a .in and not a .am. Just because we have a Makefile.am doesn't mean that "make dist" has to traverse down there.
>
> Is there a reason to not have it as an .am? I don't really care other than uniformity, I think -- if there's just *one* Makefile that's different, it's one more thing that has to be remembered, etc.

The easiest way to make it a .am would be to add this directory to
SUBDIRS but use rules names that are not recognized by automake (so that
"all" does nothing). It's probably already the case (current rules are
"missing" and "useless", with a common dependency called "prepare"). If
you're confident that those will never conflict with automake, I can
make this a Makefile.am and we're done.

Brice