Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Something lighter-weight than XML?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-22 11:41:49

Le 22/09/2011 16:14, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> I have to run out ATM so I can't dig into this deeply for a few hours, but with a first take, I'm getting this error:
>
> Making all in src
> CC topology.lo
> topology.c: In function 'hwloc_discover':
> topology.c:1673: error: 'OPAL_HWLOC121hwloc_BACKEND_XML' undeclared (first use in this function)
> topology.c:1673: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> topology.c:1673: error: for each function it appears in.)
> topology.c:1674: error: implicit declaration of function 'opal_hwloc121hwloc_look_xml'
> topology.c: In function 'hwloc_backend_exit':
> topology.c:2078: error: 'OPAL_HWLOC121hwloc_BACKEND_XML' undeclared (first use in this function)
> topology.c:2079: error: implicit declaration of function 'opal_hwloc121hwloc_backend_xml_exit'
> topology.c: In function 'opal_hwloc121hwloc_topology_set_xml':
> topology.c:2134: error: implicit declaration of function 'opal_hwloc121hwloc_backend_xml_init'
> make[1]: *** [topology.lo] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> We use the hwloc prefix stuff in the OMPI embedded build; did something not get prefixed properly in the minimal XML stuff?

This is strange. I just tried building the hwloc tree with prefixing
enabled, I could not find any problem (except one missing symbol that
doesn't matter here, see next commits).

Basically nothing has changed outside of src/topology-xml.c, the above
symbols existed before, they still exist. I don't understand why their
renaming would fail now. However, those were in #ifdef HWLOC_HAVE_XML
before, but this symbol isn't used anymore. Did you rerun autogen ?

Brice