Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Something lighter-weight than XML?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-19 09:05:13

I pushed the new minimalistic XML import/export implementation without
libxml2 to the nolibxml branch. If libxml2 is available, it's still used
by default. --disable-libxml2 or some env variables can be used for
force the minimalistic implementation if needed. The minimalistic implem
is only guaranteed to import XML files that were generated by hwloc
(even if libxml was enabled there).

I also backported most of this to the new v1.2-ompi branch (required to
backport some other XML cleanups from trunk). This branch will now serve
as a base for Open MPI's embedded hwloc. The idea is to have a complete
v1.2 + nolibxml somewhere so that we can at least run make check (Open
MPI does not embed enough to run hwloc's make check).

How do we proceed now? Can we have the OMPI guys test the new code soon?
Should I wait for their feedback before merging the nolibxml branch into
the trunk? I'd like to merge this in v1.3 too (and basically release rc2
as the actual first feature-complete RC), so getting feedback early
might be appreciated.

Brice