Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] CPU Model and type
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-14 05:54:23

Le 13/09/2011 22:06, TERRY DONTJE a écrit :
> On 9/13/2011 9:54 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>> Le 13/09/2011 21:51, TERRY DONTJE a écrit :
>>> Both type and model are character strings. An example of what I
>>> currently store in the sysinfo structures are:
>>> type = "SPARC"
>>> model = "SPARC64_VI"
>>> Other values for model are "T1", "T2", "SPARC64_VII"...
>> What about Solaris on non-sparc machines ?
> Looks like the type is an empty string and model is "i86pc" in one case.
> These are basically values that come from calls to solairs sysinfo.

Type doesn't seem that helpful then. We already have the architecture
(taken from uname) in the machine attribute.

I think you should just put model in the CPUModel info attribute. I wil
do the same for Linux and add the vendor to "CPUVendor" when available,
we'll get something like:

CPUModel=Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
CPUModel=AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6174
CPUModel=Alpha EV68CB
CPUModel=POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
CPUModel=Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
CPUModel=ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v71)