Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] CPU Model and type
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-13 09:51:51

On 9/13/2011 9:23 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Le 12/09/2011 21:01, Brice Goglin a écrit :

>>> The way info objects would be attached to a Socket object I assume
>>> it would be ok to just attach such an object under Solaris but not
>>> not for the other OSes. Since one can look for the named object and
>>> it is either going to be there or not :-).
>>>
>>> Anyway, I'll play around with this for Solaris.
>>
>> Looking at the code, you might want to drop hwloc_setup_level() and
>> copy it back into the caller. It will make the addition of info
>> attributes much easier. I am looking at the Linux side.
>
> I just pushed some code that will make this much easier on Linux (I
> may change the Solaris code similarly when I'll take time to test on a
> real solaris machine).
>
> Now I have a patch that reads the CPU vendor and model in
> /proc/cpuinfo (x86 only for now) and use them to set Socket info
> attributes (CPUVendor and CPUModel) and name (CPUVendor+CPUModel).
>
> Before I push this, we need to clarify what we want. You were talking
> about "CPUType" and "CPUModel". Can you give some example of what it
> would look like under Solaris? I want to compare to what I can get on
> Linux.

Both type and model are character strings. An example of what I
currently store in the sysinfo structures are:

type = "SPARC"
model = "SPARC64_VI"

Other values for model are "T1", "T2", "SPARC64_VII"...

--td

> Brice

Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803

picture