Subject: [hwloc-devel] CPU Model and type
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-08 14:57:25

I wanted to verify that I am not overlooking something, but is there any
information stored in the hwloc topology tree that contains the CPU
Model and Type of chips in a machine? The closest I came was the
Machine "Architecture" info object. Unfortunately this object is not
specific enough so I am considering adding a couple info objects
(CPU_Model and CPU_Type) to the HWLOC_OBJ_SOCKET objects or maybe to the
Machine object in topology_solaris.c in the OMPI hwloc source base.

First does that make sense and secondly does this sound like it might be
useful enough outside of OMPI that you'd want to buy back the changes?
There is similar data that can be gotten for Linux too. Though I
personally only need this for Solaris/SPARC systems.

thanks,

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631

picture