Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] roadmap, XML/JSON/...
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 12:33:02

Le 06/09/2011 17:39, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> On Sep 6, 2011, at 11:25 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
>>> - I don't know where we ended up in the other thread: do we want JSON or no? If we can parse it easily without an external dependency, then I think it's worthwhile.
>> I stopped working on JSON this to see where the idea of reimplementing
>> our own XML parser would go.
> Beyond your prior emails on this, any further thoughts? Especially if we restrict to ASCII-only?

I would they that French developers are used to cast their names into
ASCII. So restricting hwloc to ASCII would be ok for me. I am not sure I
will use my name or my institution as a topology attribute anyway :)

I don't have any non-ASCII char in my name or institution so I am open
to other opinions :)

Brice