Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Bug-Report: visibility=hiden on Sparc/Sun CC
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-06 08:49:20

On Sep 6, 2011, at 8:40 AM, Igor Galić wrote:

> From the config.log:
>
> configure:8175: checking if /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc supports -fvisibility
> configure:8193: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o conftest -xO3 -m32 -xarch=v8 -fvisibility=hidden -I/opt/csw/include -m32 -xarch=v8 -L/opt/csw/lib conftest.c >&5
> cc: Warning: illegal option -fvisibility=hidden
> configure:8193: $? = 0

Ick -- it only gives us a *warning*, not an *error*. The compiler's exit status is 0, so we assume that the option was ok. Sigh.

/me checks Open MPI, where we stole this m4 macro from...

Ah, it looks like we got around this in OMPI by explicitly checking to see if the compiler vendor is Sun. Terrible! Let me see about back-porting these changes from OMPI...

> The failing test (i386):
>
> PASS: hwloc_get_next_obj_covering_cpuset
> Assertion failed: !obj, file hwloc_get_obj_inside_cpuset.c, line 40
> /bin/bash: line 5: 20986 Abort (core dumped) ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: hwloc_get_obj_inside_cpuset
> PASS: hwloc_get_shared_cache_covering_obj

I'll leave this one to Samuel / Brice...

For corporate legal information go to: