Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Bug-Report: visibility=hiden on Sparc/Sun CC
From: Igor Galić (i.galic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-05 19:39:12

----- Original Message -----
> I do not believe your diagnosis is correct (but I am not at keyboard
> to check). The configure visibility stuff turns on 2 different
> things:
>
> - visibility compiler attributes
> - compiler cli flags (fvisibility)
>
> With your sed, u only disabled the cli options, whichight be
> redundant anyway. But the vis attrs were left on, and therefore the
> lib symbols might not have been visible properly...? That's a
> guess.
>
> The fact that u did disable vis and it works means that when all vis
> stuff is properly disabled, it works fine.

True, I shortsightedly overlooked that.

> So I think the real issue is why configure might be getting your
> visibility tests wrong...? Please send your configure stdout/stderr
> and config.log - we can have a look.

Will do an report back.

Another thing: Even with visibility disabled, I'm getting test failures
on, I believe only i386 (so that should mean sparc and sparcv9 are passing)
Can't confirm for amd64 yet.

Igor Galić
Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic_at_[hidden]
GPG: 571B 8B8A FC97 266D BDA3  EF6F 43AD 80A4 5779 3257