Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Something lighter-weight than XML?
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-05 11:04:20

Regarding XML encoding:

It seems that libxml2 rewrites the following characters as XML entities:
\n
\r
\t
"
<

&

hwloc already tells libxml2 to export as UTF-8. However, a quick check
seems to say that the output is not UTF8 when the locale isn't UTF8. We
may need to cdouble-check/clarify/fix this.

Or we can enforce ASCII-only for all strings. Should be OK for all
strings we import from the OS. Will need to be enforced for user-given
strings (object info attributes).

Brice