Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Something lighter-weight than XML?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-02 05:54:50

On Sep 1, 2011, at 9:40 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> Well BG/P doesn't support Open-MPI, but the service
> (management) node and the front end (login) nodes are
> PPC SLES10 and libxml2 is there..
>
> tambo-m:~ # rpm -q libxml2
> libxml2-2.6.23-15.25.5

Fail enough, but do the back-end nodes have libxml? For us to do what we want, it would need to be available on all nodes because the OMPI orted processes would be querying hwloc for the local topology and then sending it to the "head" node process (usually mpirun) for further analysis and process mapping.

For corporate legal information go to: