Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Added Univa Grid Engine to the hwloc list
From: Rayson Ho (raysonlogin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-11 12:18:58

Hi Jeff,

Condor might use hwloc in a future release. In the ticket opened by a
Redhat guy (Timothy Clair):

   "Condor might use the hwloc (Portable Hardware Locality library) to
    detect hardware threads, cores, sockets. Hwloc is also used by
    Open Grid Scheduler (the open source version of Sun Grid Engine
    & Oracle Grid Engine), Torque scheduler, and various MPI libraries
    (OpenMPI, MVAPICH2 & MPICH2)"

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2343

And it also mentions things like the RCE podcast & my Grid Engine hwloc page:

http://www.rce-cast.com/Podcast/rce-33-hwloc-portable-hardware-locality.html
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/projects/hwloc/GridEnginehwloc.html

Rayson