Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc trunk nightly 1.3a1r3511 fails to build on CentOS 5.6 & RHEL 5.6
From: Guy Streeter (streeter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-17 10:48:11

pciutils was re-based to 3.1.7 in RHEL5.6 at the request of some of our
hardware partners, in order to add some new hardware support.

> That'd explain why I didn't hit it when I was testing
> previously, we were still on CentOS 5.4 and RHEL 5.5
> then so obviously this dependency is new in RHEL 5.6.
>
> Wonder if they'd consider it a bug ?

Apparently not. The only bug filed about it (that I have found) is BZ 646884,
which reported that kudzu failed to build after the update. The response to
that was, "add -lresolv"

--Guy