Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc trunk nightly 1.3a1r3511 fails to build on CentOS 5.6 & RHEL 5.6
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-13 09:11:55

On Jun 13, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:

> If you pass PCI_LOOKUP_NETWORK to the name-lookup functions (we don't), pci_id_net_lookup() gets called and it does a DNS-like resolving. No idea how it works.

But I think that if we're linking against libpci.a, it's going to need to resolve those symbols, regardless of whether we use that functionality or not.

But if that's true, then it's odd that we are apparently passing AC_CHECK_LIB for libpci.

Chris -- could you send your config.log? I'd like to see how it's deciding that libpci is ok in configure if we cannot possibly ever link properly...

For corporate legal information go to: