Subject: [hwloc-devel] stock HWLOC_XMLFILE? (was: hwloc support added in Grid Engine / Grid Scheduler)
From: Rayson Ho (raysonlogin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-18 13:00:39

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If you want to run some tests, I can generate a fake heterogeneous
> topology as a XML file that hwloc would load through the HWLOC_XMLFILE
> environment variable.

Thanks a lot Brice!

I wrote & hacked some XML files over the weekend, and it seems to work OK.

However, I still get bug reports from people who have multi-socket AMD
Magny-Cours servers. I am wondering if there are stock XML files
available for download, esp. some HWLOC_XMLFILEs generated on
multi-socket, multi-core (or even SMT) machines??

And the XML file mechanism turns out to be really useful!!

Rayson

> Brice
>

> Le 13/04/2011 19:21, Rayson Ho a écrit :
>> Many thanks Brice!
>>
>> And I have a question for the list -- if the machine has processors
>> that are not idential - ie. some "processors" have SMT (or HT)
>> enabled, and some don't even have this support in the hardware, then
>> what would the tree look like?? Or if the cache structure is different
>> among the "processors", then would I still be able to use
>> hwloc_get_depth_type() to get a consistent depth while I am iterating
>> through the tree??
>>
>> So far, my code has only been tested on homogeneous machines.
>>
>> Rayson
>> http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Added!
>>> thanks!