Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc support added in Grid Engine / Grid Scheduler
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-13 13:32:02

Don't worry about the depth. Even if you have less levels of caches in
some parts of the machine, or no hyperthreading or whatever different,
we still build levels of identical objects. So you still get a
consistent depth for all cores, threads, sockets, and different levels
of caches. But obviously, you will see less objects when iterating
through levels within the "smaller" part of the machine.

If you want to run some tests, I can generate a fake heterogeneous
topology as a XML file that hwloc would load through the HWLOC_XMLFILE
environment variable.

Brice