Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc support added in Grid Engine / Grid Scheduler
From: Rayson Ho (raysonlogin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-13 13:21:46

Many thanks Brice!

And I have a question for the list -- if the machine has processors
that are not idential - ie. some "processors" have SMT (or HT)
enabled, and some don't even have this support in the hardware, then
what would the tree look like?? Or if the cache structure is different
among the "processors", then would I still be able to use
hwloc_get_depth_type() to get a consistent depth while I am iterating
through the tree??

So far, my code has only been tested on homogeneous machines.

Rayson

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gridscheduler/