We talk with Jeff today and came to following proposal:
We're doing to 1.1.2 now (let's flush out many small fixes that are
pending since early February).
I am not confident enough to release the PCI stuff now because it didn't
get much real testing (it still misses a bit of work in the tools and
doc). So a new plan could be:
1) branch 1.2 from current trunk and do a first RC now, so that the
current changes do not wait any longer
2) merge libpci into trunk right after branching 1.2, so that it gets
more actual testing (this branch
3) once the final 1.2 is released, do a first 1.3 RC if nothing went
wrong in the meantime
Current trunk already has a very long changelog, but I think it works
well. And it shouldn't require many doc updates to do during the RC
cycles. So the final 1.2 should arrive quickly, and we can seriously
expect a first PCI-enabled RC before summer.