Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] restrict and PCI branch
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 02:34:45

Le 14/03/2011 11:19, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> I was wondering about merging the I/O branch:
> - people have not expressed what they want so much,
> - but people will probably not until it's exposed more,
> - it's really a useful thing, and works fine in our tests,
> - I'd like to see it out :)

One thing that we didn't decide in the past is about having OS device
subtypes or not. A disk is currently an object with type OS_DEVICE and
attribute OSDEV_BLOCK, while a network interface has attribute
OSDEV_NETWORK. We talked about removing the attribute and just having
objects with types OS_DEVICE_BLOCK or OS_DEVICE_NETWORK. I am not a big
fan of this but I may have forgotten about the advantages.

I'd like to see this branch released too, it has been in a branch for a
year and a half already. But I can't be sure it's ready yet. I wish we
had more feedback, but I don't expect much anymore. We should be
prepared to a long release candidate cycle :)

Brice