Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] restrict and PCI branch
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-14 06:19:46

Brice Goglin, le Mon 14 Mar 2011 11:02:08 +0100, a écrit :
> Le 07/03/2011 17:56, Brice Goglin a écrit :
> > Le 01/03/2011 11:00, Brice Goglin a écrit :
> >
> >> Also, in 1.2, we'll have a hwloc_topology_restrict() function which will
> >> let you load the whole machine topology and then restrict it to whatever
> >> part of it (a part is defined by a hwloc_cpuset_t).
> >>
> > The restrict may be ready for merging in the near future. The interface
> > looks like this:
> >

> If nobody complains about this, I will likely merge the branch within a
> couple days.
>
> Then, we may seriously consider doing a 1.2 beta release.

I was wondering about merging the I/O branch:
- people have not expressed what they want so much,
- but people will probably not until it's exposed more,
- it's really a useful thing, and works fine in our tests,
- I'd like to see it out :)

I believe the key issue could have been that applications may not expect
to have objects with an empty cpuset, but since by default I/O objects
are not added this is not an issue.

Samuel