Subject: [hwloc-devel] Coverity Scan
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-08 11:57:44

Do we want to enroll hwloc in the Coverity Scan tool?

    http://scan.coverity.com/developers-faq.html
and
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/Coverity

Scan is a static source code analysis tool that finds things like resource leaks, dead code, insecure coding, ...and a huge number of other problems. It's surprisingly good at what it does.

Coverity provides Scan results to Open MPI on a "partnership" basis; we like their tool a lot (although we don't use it nearly as much as we should :-\ ). I don't know if hwloc would fall under the same agreements we have with Coverity or whether we just enroll hwloc as a "normal" open source project, but I could find out, if we're interested.

For corporate legal information go to: