Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.1.2 and 1.2
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-22 00:18:52

Le 21/02/2011 23:20, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> In keeping with our history of confusing version numbers... ;-)
>
> Should we release 1.1.2 with the HEAD of v1.1 (there's a few pending bug fixes there) and call the 1.1.x series "done"?
>
> Then work ahead with releasing 1.2 with all the new stuff that's on the trunk?
>
> I ask because I'm wondering whether it's worth it to try to back-port the de-C99 stuff to the v1.1 branch. If we're planning on doing 1.2 within a few weeks, it's probably not worth it.

We need a 1.1.2 in the near future (including what Guy Streeter reported
yesterday, but I won't work on it before I come back online by the end
of the week).

My feeling is that hwloc 1.2 is not very far away, but still too far
away from OMPI 1.5.2. If you can backport the de-c99 directly into
OMPI's copy of hwloc for now, I'd vote for not backporting it at all in
the upstream hwloc 1.1.

Brice