Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] The de-C99 of hwloc
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-17 17:32:51

Le 17/02/2011 23:15, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> I took a whack at this on OS X and Linux. I took the approach of only removing C99 from src/* -- this is the only part of the code base that embedding projects will care about. Specifically: utils and tests are still C99-full.
>
> I put up a bitbucket with the result (against the SVN trunk):
>
> https://bitbucket.org/jsquyres/hwloc-de-c99
>
> I also attach an SVN diff against the trunk so that you can see the whole thing.
>
> Comments?

I didn't check everything in detail, but at least I didn't see anything
totally wrong :)

Minor comments:
* do you really need to check if ptr != NULL before freeing ptr ? my
free accepts NULL ptr
* I would rather assert(0) when type is OBJ_TYPE_MAX in switches
* note that backporting to 1.1 would conflict in the distance stuff
(some code was moved from src/topology.c to distance.c, and types were
changed from unsigned to float)

What's your plan now? Apply this to hwloc trunk, don't backport in hwloc
1.1, but backport to OMPI's copy of hwloc 1.1 to get some wide testing?

Brice