Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] get cpu where a process/thread is executing
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-14 09:35:05

On Feb 14, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>> Hmm; ok. I like the word "current" in here, somehow. Gives the connotation that it might change in the future (if it's not bound).
> Well, I prefer "last" because it even expresses that it's probably
> already expired :)

Mmm... good point. How about:

I don't like "last" because it might imply that it's the *last* place you'll be running -- i.e., that it won't change. How about using the word "now" in there somewhere? That would certainly connote that as soon as the function returns, the information may be stale.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: