Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Man pages and gather-topology
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-20 07:01:29

Le 20/01/2011 12:23, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) a écrit :
> I ran some quick tests on the rc1 tarball and ran into problems with the get-API man page and the gather-topology scripts (ie they weren't there and make install failed).
>
> Could you guys have a look?

The online tarball doesn't build here either. It doesn't contain the
gather-topology.1in manpage. But make dist (and distcheck) in v1.1
branch work fine here.

I don't know what happen during your make dist. Apart from the missing
manpage. Your tarball contains all files that configure and make
generates (Makefile, .deps, .o, .libs). Your doxygen also created
additional files with -e prefix for each expected html and manpages.

I don't see anything wrong with get_api_version. Once I manually worked
around the missing manpage, make worked fine.

FWIW, you used autoconf 2.68 and doxygen 1.7.2. I use 2.67 and 1.7.1.
Which machine/distrib did you use?

Brice