Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Docs updates
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 19:11:06

Christopher Samuel, le Fri 07 Jan 2011 01:01:09 +0100, a écrit :
> # Hwloc provides both functions that set the current memory
> # binding policies (if supported), and functions that allocate
> # memory bound to specific node set.
>
> Can I suggest either dropping "both" or instead saying:
>
> $ Hwloc provides functions that both set the current memory
> $ binding policies (if supported) and that allocate memory
> $ bound to specific node set.

Mmm, it's not exactly the same meaning. I can't find that sentence in
the current trunk, where is it?

Just to explain my concern, hwloc provides
- a function that sets the current memory binding policy
- a function that allocates memory bound to specific node set
- a helper that sets the current memory binding policy, allocates
  memory, and touches it to enforce the policy.

Your formulation looks like the 3rd case, which is not the same as the
two first ones.

Samuel