Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Docs updates
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 16:57:55

Le 06/01/2011 19:46, Jeff Squyres a écrit :
> Please review:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/hwloc/changeset/3046

I fixed a double typo in r3053.

Is HWLOC_MEMBIND_MIXED defined somewhere?

I am not sure about "on next touch ... move and rebind" in the NEXTTOUCH
description.
>From what I see, on solaris, it's only supported when we bind to the
entire machine. So there's no binding, only moving there.
Linux doesn't support NEXTTOUCH yet. I think most implementations I have
seen would change the binding immediately and only move the page
(according to the binding) on next-touch.

In short, my feeling is that it's more "bind but only lazily move pages
on next touch" (compared to MIGRATE = "bind and move everything now",
and BIND = "bind but don't move already faulted pages").

Brice