Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] questions about memory binding flags
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 17:16:49

On Jan 5, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

>> Maybe return EINVAL when passing REPLICATE to alloc_membind?
>
> Well, if we go that way we should add tests in mostly all the src/bind.c
> functions, then.

I just said in a prior email that I didn't have much of an opinion here, but this corner case might convince me otherwise: it's definitely *erroneous* to pass REPLICATE to alloc_membind, so it's worth reporting the error. If that means we report errors in the other functions when non-expected flags are passed for the sake of consistency, then so be it.

I have a bunch of edits to documentation comments hwloc.h; please don't edit until I commit (still need some further clarification before I can commit...).

For corporate legal information go to: