Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] Is hwloc supposed to work on s390 and s390x architecture?
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 13:19:53

Jiri Hladky, le Mon 03 Jan 2011 18:14:16 +0100, a écrit :
> I would like to check out if hwloc supports IBM's s390 architecture.

Hwloc's support on Linux is mostly linux-dependant. With the /sys stuff
being hardware-independant, it should in principle "just work" on s390,
provided the s390-specific part announces proper things in /sys. We
don't have our own s390, so we couldn't test. The Debian s390 testboxes
only announce 2 processors, so there's not much topology to discover
there, but it basically works, announcing the 2 processors :) I wonder
what would be discovered on bigger machines. In any case, if you have
any chance of running gather-topology on such beast, let us know :)

Samuel