Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-svn] svn:hwloc r2975
From: Bernd Kallies (kallies_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-22 10:11:38

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 16:02 +0100, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Le 22/12/2010 15:59, Guy Streeter a écrit :
> > On 12/22/2010 02:36 AM, Brice Goglin wrote:
> >> I'll backport this in 1.1 later, in case somebody wants to fix the
> >> English speaking.
> >>
> >> Brice
> >>

> > For the benefit of the Perl and Python bindings efforts, it would be
> > good if we could query the runtime library for it's API version.
>
> Ah, right, we forgot about this. Something like this?
>
> unsigned hwloc_get_api_version(void)
> {
> return HWLOC_API_VERSION;
> }

Yes.

> We can put this in 1.1.1. But how will you handle earlier releases?

Like one has to handle other API changes, that means via checking
HWLOC_API_VERSION via CPP directives at compile time. The problem is
nearly the same like having no HWLOC_API_VERSION in hwloc-0.9.

BK

> Brice

Dr. Bernd Kallies
Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin
Takustr. 7
14195 Berlin
Tel: +49-30-84185-270
Fax: +49-30-84185-311