Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] 1.0.3rc3 and 1.1rc5
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-20 13:56:52

Le 20/12/2010 19:40, Guy Streeter a écrit :
> Get this singlethreaded process memory : expected 0x0000000f, got
> 0xf...f
>
> Is that a bug?
> That's on my Fedora 13 non-numa system.

This is kind of expected. 0x0000000f means all the cores in the machine.
0xf...f means all the machine when the machine isn't numa. It's hard to
make things strictly the same without loosing some semantics and keeping
things simple. Fortunately, your application won't see any actual
difference unless it actually compares full cpusets like above.

> On my RHEL6.0 numa system,
>
> Get this singlethreaded process memory : expected 0x00ffffff, got
> 0x0000003f

In which section of hwloc_bind is this? Sometimes, the difference is
normal too because Linux doesn't exactly do what we want.

Brice