Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc to be included in RHEL 6.1
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 15:48:51

We could also print a message in stdout:
  "Using physical/OS indexes by default in the graphic mode, use -l to
revert to logical indexes"
Anybody that may confuse logical/physical indexes will have to run
hwloc-calc/bind from a terminal anyway, so printing this lstopo message
to the terminal may help a bit? Otherwise, we could send the message to
the soundcard, or by mail, or print it in the sky like the batman signal :)

I am not against printing something directly in the graphic output.
Cropping isn't hard indeed. We could even remove it when -s (silent) is
given, but -s already switches to text mode unfortunately.

Anyway, FWIW, I think I am in favor of switching to physical in graphic
output by default.

Brice