Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] hwloc to be included in RHEL 6.1
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 09:55:07

On Nov 18, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> But what do we want to add?
>
> When we changed the default, I was also quite concerned by -p not being
> the default any more, as that is what most administrators will actually
> want by default.

Sorry; I was at SC10 last week and my INBOX fell into disrepair. Brice is apparently much better at me on keeping up with email when at such things. :-)

Hmm, yes, this is a good topic. I think we had this discussion a while ago -- using "p" is a good way to indicate "physical". But IIRC, we didn't like "l" (for "logical") because it looks too much like 1 (one).

I think we're open to having some kind of indication to denote "logical" instead of "physical" -- any suggestions? Perhaps P and L (vs. p and l)?

For corporate legal information go to: