Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] PCI device location in hwloc
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-18 17:58:42

Hello,

Christopher Samuel, le Thu 18 Nov 2010 23:47:20 +0100, a écrit :
> Does the information occur to the right of the socket with
> the closest distance to the devices ?

If your case, hwloc was apparently unable to decide whether the devices
where "inside" one or the other NUMA node. Could you also post the
output of gather-topology?

> Well at the moment that looks rather nice to me, though it
> would indeed be good to see GPUs labelled to - though I've
> seen your comment in the source saying:
>
> /* FIXME: what about gpus? could try class "drm", but
> proprietary drivers won't appear there */
>
> I don't have any boxes at all with GPUs in them, so I'm not
> sure what to suggest there. :-(

Actually we might as well just first implement the modularized version
of hwloc, so that we can dynamically load a cuda-based module which will
just show a proper CUDA device.

In the meanwhile, we could special-case a few things. We probably don't
want to emit the whole pciids identifier (e.g.
85:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200GL [Quadro FX 5800] (rev a1)
), but in this case we could handle the nvidia vendorId specially: parse
the pciid to extract Quadro FX 5800 and display that.

Samuel