Subject: Re: [hwloc-devel] [hwloc-announce] Hardware locality (hwloc) v1.1rc1 released
From: Samuel Thibault (samuel.thibault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-11 07:20:34

Jirka Hladky, le Thu 11 Nov 2010 13:08:06 +0100, a écrit :
> thanks for the quick patch. I have tested it and it works! :-)
>
> $ utils/hwloc-bind --membind node:1 --mempolicy interleave -- utils/hwloc-bind
> --get --membind
> 0x0000aaaa (interleave)

Good :)

> 1) Does the option --get works together with --pid ? Like finding out mempolicy
> for any pid? I don't think that get_mempolicy supports this.

hwloc indeed gives:

hwloc_get_membind failed (errno 38 Function not implemented)

> We can perhaps enhance the parsing to raise an error when --pid and
> --get are both specified.

That's catched by the underlying support itself, depending on the OS
support, so it shouldn't be prevented at the parse time (for OSes where
that's possible).

> $utils/hwloc-bind --membind node:0 --mempolicy interleave -- utils/hwloc-bind
> --get --membind
> 0xf...f (interleave)
>
> What does "0xf...f" mean?

I guess Brice used this notation for "everything 1". That doesn't seem
to be documented though.

Samuel